Side by Side Therapy is currently looking for skilled individuals to fill part-time Speech-Language Pathologist positions in the Greater Toronto Area. This position is an independent contractor position.
S-LPs will work one-on-one with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (or other developmental disabilities) and their families, in the children’s home delivering evidence-based intervention.
- Providing assessment in a client home based on presenting impairment or diagnosis using standardized assessment tools
- Designing a treatment plan using evidence-based information, relevant best practice guidelines and clinical expertise
- Actively engaging clients, families, and caregivers to address client-centered goals
- Actively engaging in client/family coaching
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the intervention, client’s response and progress towards achieving goals
- Providing evidence-based assessment and intervention using SMART goals
- Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration with CASLPO
- Excellent assessment and intervention skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team with other disciplines
- Experience providing home-based services.
- Excellent communication and analytic skills, with strong organizational abilities
- Proof of professional liability insurance;
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- 2-3 years of experience is preferred