$18.00 to $22.00 /hour
Side by Side Therapy is currently looking for skilled individuals to fill part-time Respite Worker positions. Respite workers will work one-on-one with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (or other developmental disabilities) in the children’s home.
- Assist clients with self-care and recreation activities.
- Update client’s family members on condition of their loved ones and progress as necessary.
- Make home visits to clients that have various diagnoses.
- Provide respite care on a planned or emergency basis during the day, evenings or weekends.
- Write progress notes regarding client objectives and goals.
- Report all suspicions of child abuse or child endangerment.
- Engage in recreational and skill building activities toward the clients’ interest.
- Experience working with individuals living with disabilities
- Outgoing, sociable, and willing to take initiative
- Compassionate, trustworthy, patient, and reliable
- First Aid Certification: Preferred
- Automobile Licence: Preferred
Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Screening required