Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) can address a number of speech and communication issues in both children and adults.
Our SLPs will conduct a thorough assessment of your child’s speech and language abilities and will determine if intervention is necessary. If intervention is recommended, they will set goals and will discuss with you the best therapy schedule for your child.
Some common problems that an SLP can address are:
- ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Down Syndrome
- Augmentative Communication Devices
- Auditory Processing DisordeR
- Fluency Therapy for stuttering
- Learning Disabilities
- PECS – Picture Exchange Communication System
- PROMPT – Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (for motor speech disorders)
- Social Skills Training
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Voice Therapy
Our SLPs work as part of our transdisciplinary team, when necessary, to address all of your child’s needs in a comprehensive way. We will ensure that your child’s speech goals align with the rest of their treatment goals.
Our Speech-Language Pathologists are registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO) and members of the Ontario Speech-Language Association (OSLA).